Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Home- And Everything is Different

And here we are home again...

It all feels different.

I believe that we are all new people every day- even every moment. Yet returning home after just a week feels much different than coming home after one day at work. A week isn't that much longer than a day! So what's the difference? Is it the experience? I think it definitely has to do with doing something out of the norm every day for a longer stretch of time. It's also all of the incredible people we came across... The people who let us sleep on their couches and beds, who fed us, who spent time with us. Traveling is like putting on a new pair of glasses that are tinted differently. I definitely view our band differently than I did a week ago. I view what we do and who we are differently. I view musicianship in itself differently. Last week I learned a lot about what it means as a musician to be a part of the music community, and I'm very excited about it.

The last night of our tour was at The Pleasant Corner Schoolhouse in Stockholm, Wisconsin. It was a small and intimate night, warm and full of friendly music lovers. It was the cherry on top of the trip. The DitchLilies also played and I eagerly watched and listened (as did all of us.) We also played around a condenser microphone for the first time (at a live show) which was interesting. It felt very natural.

Thanks for reading, folks. Stay tuned until next time! This Friday we play at The Riverwest Filling Station in Milwaukee with Miles Coyne. Click here for the facebook event link.


No comments:

Post a Comment